Dr. Theodoros G. Trakas Curriculum Vitae
Dr. Theodoros G. Trakas was born in Athens. Following graduation from the 54th High School in Athens, he attended the Dental School of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, and graduated in 1998.
After serving for 18 months, as a general dentist, in the Greek Army, he was accepted in the Advanced Prosthodontic Program at Tufts University in Boston, USA. During his education he showed special interest for removable implant and fixed all-ceramic restorations.
From 2003 to 2010, he worked as a clinical assistant for the Dental School of the University of Athens. From 2003 he maintains a private clinic in the center of Athens, focusing on esthetic, implant and reconstructive dentistry.
He is a member of the American Dental Association (ADA), the International College of Prosthodontists (ICP) and of the Hellenic Prosthodontic Society and also eligible for the American Board of Prosthodontists . (written part passed Feb. 2003)
He speaks English and German.
Publications - Presentations
1. Chicago Feb.2003 AAFP: Bonded Partial Ceramic Restorations. (Prof. H. Hirayama)
2. Boston 2003. Presentation at Harvard University: Attachment Systems used for Implant Restorations
3.Οδοντοτεχνική Πράξη 2004/1: Implant attachments for overdentures
4. 24ο ΠΟΣ, Thessaloniki 2004: prosthetic rehabilitation with implants in a patient with chrinic periodontitis (D.Garefia, N.Efthimiadis,T.Trakas)
5. 6ο Hellenic Prosthodontic Society. Fabrication of cast post and cores. March 26-27 2005
6. 6ο Hellenic Prosthodontic Society. Prosthetic rehabilitation of a skeletal class II patient. March 26-27 2005
7. Participation as a member of the International College of Prosthodontists to the 11th world conference. Crete May 25-28 2005.
8. 25ο ΠΟΣ, Larisa 2005: Evaluation of implant stability with Ostell device (N. Sykaras, T.Trakas)
9. 7ο Hellenic Prosthodontic Society. Partial ceramic veneers. March 18th 2006
10. Attachment Systems for Implant Retained Overdentures: A literature review. Implant Dentistry. 15(1):24-34, 2006
11. 9ο Panpeloponese congress: Fixed Prosthodontics. Answers to everyday challenges. June 20th 2008
12. Predictable results for extensive Implant fixed restorations. Hellenic Society of Odontostomatological Research. September 11th 2010
13. Esthetic reconstruction with zirconia crowns (B. Stathopoulos, T.Trakas) Οδοντοτεχνική Πράξη 10/2010
14. Longevity of endo-treated teeth in relation to prosthetic rehabilitation. Thessaloniki 1/2011
15. Porcelain Veneers. Hellenic Society of Odontostomatological Research. 2/2011
16. Fixed Prosthodontics: from the basic principles to the latest advancements. Hellenic Society of Odontomatological Research. 9/2013
17. Removable prosthodontics. Herakleion Crete. 9/2014
18.Complete dentures. A treatment option in modern dentistry. Hellenic Society of Odontostomatological Research. 5/2015
19. Shade selection in fixed prosthodontics. (A.Sarafianou, Th. Trakas et al) Odontostomatological Progress 2015
20. Mock-up technique. A powerful tool in our armamentarium for predictable aesthetic restorations. EOE congress, Athens 10/2016
21. Minimum intervention in prosthodontics. Dental Society of Evoia. Chalcis 7/2017
22. Restoration of endodontically treated teeth. Where are we today. Dental Society of Evoia. Chalcis 7/2017
23. Treatment of excessive occlusal abrasion. Where are we today. 8 Periocare Study Club, Athens 4/2018
24. Clinical instructor and co-ordinator for the annual implant education program in the Hellenic Society of Odontostomatological Research. (2021-2022)
25. Digital workflow in fixed prosthodontics. 5 years of personal experience. Athens Dental Association 6/2022